My thermometer leisurely smiled at 100 degrees today, and I broke a sweat even thinking about turning on the oven. Perfect time for a cool dessert. But, I ask myself, how many times can I pull out the ice cream carton before it looks like I've stopped trying. . .
So--I reach in the bag of hot-weather tricks, and pull out a long-time classic: Hot Fudge Topping. Who doesn't have memories of spoonsful of rich, warm, gooey chocolate with cold, creamy ice cream. Definitely a treat to savor. And so easy to prepare--pantry staples and two minutes in the microwave. Couldn't get easier!
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 2 T. Ultra Gel®
- 1 T. butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and Ultra Gel® in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine ingredients with a wire whisk. Remember, the topping will boil in the microwave--be sure to use a bowl that is oversized!
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir thoroughly.
- Return to microwave and cook on high for another minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir in butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- Serve over ice cream and garnish as desired.
- This recipe was tested in a 1250 watt microwave. Microwaves with less wattage may require more time.