Here's a great way to use up those ripe bananas on your counter to make a lower sugar treat packed full of fruity goodness. The delightfully crisp crust is a delicious contrast to the tender inner muffin. This is a really great muffin!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. Ultra Gel
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. blueberries
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas thoroughly.
- Add sugar and mix, then add eggs
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Combine flour, Ultra Gel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to moist ingredients and mix carefully. Don't overmix.
- Carefully stir in blueberries with a spatula.
- Divide dough into 12 greased or lined muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and springy.