Need an easy meal for a large group? This recipe can easily be multiplied and is sized for commercial foil pans. It can also be frozen to bring out for a busy day.
- 1 lb good quality fettucini pasta
- 1/4 c. (1/2 cube) butter
- 4 generous teaspoons minced garlic (bottled with water and phosphoric acid)
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 1/2 bag (2 lb) cooked chicken pieces
- 2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. Ultra Gel
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1 c. shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (in refrigerated section)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions, salting the water liberally. Be careful not to overcook--if the pasta absorbs too much water, the pan will be too full! And the pasta will be soggy.
- While the pasta is cooking:
- Melt the butter--add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and water
- Add the chicken and allow to simmer for ten minutes. Remove chicken and reserve
- Add milk to broth, then stir in Ultra Gel gradually with a wire whisk.
- Add cream cheese and cook slowly until melted.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted, then stir in cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Be careful about adding more salt, as the pasta will be salted.
- Layer ingredients in foil pan, starting with a little sauce, then 1/2 pasta, then 1/2 chicken, then 1/2 of remaining sauce, remaining pasta, remaining chicken and finishing with sauce
- Add foil lid to foil pan and seal tightly.
- If serving immediately, bake at 325 for 1 hour. If cooking later, refrigerate, then cook slowly at 300-325 degrees for about 2 hours. Be careful about using a higher heat as the sauce can easily scorch.
- NOTE: These pans are very full--you might want to bake on a cookie sheet, both because they are heavy and because they might overflow in baking.