Cool evenings call for warm soup, and here's one that makes a pound of lean ground been go a long way. Lots of nutritious veggies and a soothing milk base. Light on calories and long on flavor!
Yields 10 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 t. seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. onions, diced
- 1 c. carrots, sliced
- 1 c. potatoes, peeled and diced to 1/2"
- 1/2 c. green pepper, diced
- 2 c. tomato juice
- 4 c. milk (whole milk is wonderful, but if you're calorie conscious, use a lower fat milk)
- 1/4 c. Ultra Gel
- Brown the ground beef in a large dutch oven at a medium high heat with the salt, seasoning salt, and pepper until no longer pink.
- Add the onions, carrots, green pepper, and potatoes and stir.
- Add a lid and lower the heat for about ten minutes or until the veggies are tender. If there is excess fat from the ground beef, pour it off.
- Add the tomato juice and heat to boiling.
- Add milk, then stir or whisk in the Ultra Gel until smooth.
- Continue heating to a serving temperature. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL (to avoid curdling risk)
- Serve immediately.