This cream soup is so easy that my middle-schoolers used to come home from school on a cold winter day and make it for an after-school snack. Crazy? Yep--but no complaints here! Totally nutritious and pantry-friendly!
Yields 4 servings (or two hungry 13-year old servings)
- 1-(14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 t. dehydrated minced onion
- 1 t. bouillon granules or paste
- 1 c. fresh or frozen chopped broccoli (or other vegetable such as mushrooms, cauliflower, etc)
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk or half and half
- 1/4 c. Ultra Gel
- Combine broth, onion, bouillon and broccoli in a heavy pan and cook, covered, until vegetables are tender. Add evaporated milk or half and half, then add Ultra Gel gradually with a wire whisk, stirring constantly. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, season to taste and server immediately.